Join the St. Francis de Sales – St. Stephen School Team
An education rooted in excellence can only be furthered by excellent educators. We welcome you to browse our openings and join our team.
St. Francis de Sales – St. Stephen School in Geneva, NY is seeking:
After School Care Program Aid
Part time for the 2018-2019 school year. Successful candidates will supervise and ensure the safety and well being of elementary school students (Pre-K – grade 8) during our after school care program. The ideal candidate is energetic, enjoys working with children, and has strong organizational and communication skills. Start date is September 1, 2018. 2 – 3 afternoons per week, 2:30 – 4:30 – Potential applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to Mrs. Mary C. Mantelli, Principal at Mary.Mantelli@dor.org or via U.S. mail to St. Francis de Sales – St. Stephen School, 17 Elmwood Avenue, Geneva, NY 14456.
Substitute Teachers K-8
Per Diem on an as needed basis.
$ 80.00 a day $ 90.00 a day for long term assignments that exceed 20 days.
Rochester Business Alliance (RBA) Staffing is currently working with the Roman Catholic Diocese of Rochester Schools in the Rochester, NY to find qualified and passionate individuals to substitute teach today’s youth for the 2018-2019 school year. All substitute teaching positions are on a per diem, as needed basis.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Under the general supervision of building principals, assistant principals and/or their designee, and in as efficiently, safely and completely a manner possible, the substitute teacher provides continuity of quality instruction to students during the absence of the regular teacher.
– Follows, as completely as possible, established routines and procedures of the school and classroom to which is assigned and establishes and attempts to achieve classroom goals and objectives developed by the absent teacher.
– Must be willing and able to have teaching capabilities in all areas.
– Must be able to follow oral and written directions.
– Assumes responsibility for maintaining classroom discipline, not only while delivering curriculum, but also during lunch and recess periods when needed.
– Ability to establish effective working relationships with staff, students, and community.
– Maintain effective classroom management strategies, address the various learning styles of students, display problem-solving skills, cooperative negotiating skills, initiate conflict resolution strategies; and use classroom instructional time appropriately and wisely.
– In collaboration with school leadership, follow instructional program that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interest and abilities of student
– Informs the absent teacher (via written communication) of classroom activities, i.e. work completed, homework assigned, any problems which occurred and methods used to solve them.
– Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
– Follows NY State Education Department’s regulations.
– Performs other related duties as assigned by school building administrators.
MUST have a minimum of an Associate’s degree in a related field PLUS 1 year of related childcare experience
Bachelor’s Degree plus 1 year of related childcare/teaching experience- PREFERRED
Certified Teachers HIGHLY PREFERRED, not required
Must meet the physical demands of the position.
Must have excellent oral and written communication.
Must be willing to obtain criminal background check and complete Safe Environment Training
For substitute teaching at St. Francis de Sales – St. Stephen School, send letter of interest, resume, transcripts, and references to Mrs. Mary C. Mantelli, Principal at Mary.Mantelli@dor.org
For all other DOR substitute positions in Monroe and Ontario County, please contact Kristen Dupree for consideration:
Kristen Dupree Recruiting Coordinator RBA Staffing 150 State Street, Suite 400 Rochester, NY 14614 P: (585) 256-4636 Kristen.email@example.com